Provincial Programs Assistant (STEP Student)
Position Type: STEP Student
Location: Rugby Alberta Office
Duration: 16 weeks (Between May 1 and August 31)
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Reports to: Executive Director
This position has been created to assist Rugby Alberta with a variety of provincial programs and initiatives. As this position is supported by Alberta Labour, applicants must meet STEP funding eligibility requirements to be selected.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in promoting and expanding Rookie Rugby in Alberta
• Assist in the preparation of teams to participate in the Canadian Rugby Championships/National Festival
• Support the organization of the Alberta Rugby Championships
• Assist in the planning and delivery of development programs for players, coaches and officials.
• Support general administrative tasks, including word processing and data collection, data analysis and data management.
• Assist with website management and social media updates
• Additional tasks as required
• Must meet STEP student funding eligibility requirements
• Passion for amateur sport; knowledge of rugby is an asset
• Excellent communication skills; comfort with telephone and face-to-face interactions
• Previous work or volunteer experience with community groups or organizations
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
• A history of performing in situations that require self-leadership and initiative
• Strong computer and social media skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter by April 26, 2017 to: