Provincial Team Manager
Title: Provincial Team Manager
Location: Alberta (primarily Calgary, Red Deer and Edmonton)
Key Dates: June 30-July 2, August 4-6, August 14-20
Type of Position: Voluntary
Responsible to: Director of Rugby & Provincial Head Coach
With guidance from the Provincial Head Coach and Director of Rugby, the primary role of the provincial team manager is to ensure that the experience of provincial team allows for optimal performance. Through engagement with regional coaches, club coaches and school coaches, the team manager will enhance the reputation of Rugby in Alberta and Canada.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assist in creating and fostering an innovative environment that is game-based, player-centred and promotes mutual accountability between coaches and players.
• Assist the Rugby Alberta office to complete any required Rugby Canada registration forms.
• Assist the Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Therapist and Rugby Alberta with administrative duties including: o Maintaining an up-to-date attendance roster
o Ensuring that pertinent information is on file for each player
o Ensuring that medical forms are completed by each player
o Submit the team rosters as provided by the Head Coach and/or Assistant Coach to Rugby Alberta within the scheduled timeframe.
o Liaise with Rugby Alberta to ensure the athletes are registered with the National Festival within the timeframe indicated and in the manner indicated by Rugby Canada.
• Communication with team members, parents and/or guardians including ongoing updates on fees, practices, meal times, travel times, etc.
• Be present at all camps, practice sessions and scheduled games and act in the capacity of chaperone when the team travels ensuring that: o Teams are accommodated in the approved accommodations
o Meals are received in approved food services venues
o Team laundry is done as needed
o The team has ice available both on field and for the therapists needs
• Responsible for the teams conduct and adhere to all curfews set forth by the tournament and/or Rugby Alberta.
• Act as an ambassador of Rugby Alberta, representing Rugby Alberta programs, services, and organization in a positive manner to the general public, parents and participants.
• The Team Manager shall perform other duties as needed and agreed upon by Rugby Alberta, the Head Coach, Assistant Coach, and therapist that ensures the teams management is successful.
• Be a key leader in developing and promoting Rugby Alberta.
Rugby Alberta 11759 Groat Road NW Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6 780-415-1773 email@example.com
Key Internal Relations:
• Rugby Alberta Director of Rugby
• Rugby Alberta Board Members
• Rugby Alberta Executive Director
• Head Coach
• Assistant Coach
• Medical Staff
Key External Relations:
• Calgary Rugby Union
• Edmonton Rugby Union
• Rugby Canada
• Referees and other match officials
• Club coaches
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Honesty, integrity and empathy
• Leadership/people management
• Relationship building - ability to influence and get buy-in
• Written and verbal communication skills using a range of mediums, and styles tailored to the audience
• Works well as part of a team and as an individual
• Must know, understand and love the game of rugby
• Empathy with the rugby family including players’ coaches and referees
• Desire to personally grow and develop as a coach
• Current criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check
Continued Personal Development:
• Rugby Alberta is committed to assisting you with your coaching endeavors.
• Valid driver’s license is required
• You shall treat in strict confidence all information, which you may be given relating to Rugby Alberta
• You cannot enter into any written or oral agreements on Rugby Alberta’s behalf without the written approval of the Executive Director of Rugby Alberta
• In the event of a dispute, Rugby Alberta and the coach shall take all reasonable steps to resolve that dispute within the terms of the Agreement
Please email your application to Graeme Moffat at firstname.lastname@example.org.